Top 10 signs that I am morphing into an aunty
1. On my last trip to India, I was positively estatic in a steel patre (utensils) store. I was looking at all the plates, spoons and tiffin boxes and picked up loads until I realized that I would easily exceed my luggage weight limit. However, I have still not acquired the same passion for tupperware, and I hope I never will.
2. When my sister (who is an under-grad) complains to me that amma is being too protective or too paranoid, I tell her “She is doing it for your own good no? ”
3. I fall asleep at 10pm. I could not stay awake even when Barrak Obama came on Jay Leno’s show and I very badly wanted to watch it.
4. I am forever cleaning my dogs ears, taking gunk out of his eyes and generally telling him he has been a bad boy.
5. I stopped shopping in the juniors section.
6. I have a 19 year old calling me aunty. In all fairness, he is my nephew, but still….
7. My first grey hair made its presence felt. I plucked it out, and now there are two.
8. I would rather stay at home warm and comfortable than go clubbing all night. Other reasons for abstence from clubs include Reason no: 3
9. I have started collecting plastic covers and ziplocs. I keep telling myself I am being eco friendly, but really, I am becoming my mom. I can almost see myself washing milk covers and stacking them to sell to the raddiwallah or to put pickles in.
10. I am not ashamed of confessing all of the above.
My dear friends, I rest my case.
Entry filed under: Random Banter.