What I did last couple of days and why it has left me drained of all energy whatsoever
– Had work up to my neck, finishing off a couple of things before I go off on my BIG Europe + India vacation in August. France, Switzerland, Italy and Greece. By the end of it I will have a nice European summer tan to show off.
– Booked insanely expensive and ridiculously small hotels in Europe. One hotel in Switzerland charges extra if you want a window! And what is with shared bathrooms there? Of course, if you think you will need some privacy while pooping, then guess what…it costs extra.
– Thought all the while that we should head to French Consulate and that French consulate has enough dates. I got a shocker when I saw that the next appointment I could get was Jul 27, when I have to leave on Jul 31. Then realized that I should in fact go to the Italian Consulate that is open only 2 days a week for 3 hours each. AND has a visa turn around time of THIRTY days. But at least it did not need an appointment. So off I went, and now they have promised my visa by Jul 17, and I still have to visit the Swiss consulate, which thankfully gives you a visa on the same day. Btw, do you know how much paper work is required to apply for a visa? I am sure I made at least a small rain forest disappear.
– Came back home to find that my dog had pushed our LCD TV over. And it is broken. Rummy is being punished by being put out of the house. He is not happy. Seeing him sulk, I am not happy. And no TV for distraction means me and K are a couple of not happy people stuck in the same room with nothing to do, and a broken TV staring at our face and screaming $500 in our head.
– Packing for going to Seattle over the weekend. This was a free vacation our travel agent gave us for screwing up my parents’ tickets last year. I thought vacation included flight AND hotel. Asked the guy about the hotel. He says “but I thought you will stay with your friends”. !!*@!%#? Apparently, now it is a well established fact that all desis are free loaders who never stay at motels and always look for “friends” to board them. Why, even my travel agent ex-travel agent thinks so.
– Scrambling to get a ride for a team picnic happening tomorrow. I missed the planning because I was standing in line at the Italian Consulate where people were rolling their r’s so much that it sounded like an old Harley going Drrr Drrr Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Now a kind colleague has offered me a ride , where I have to sit in the middle part of 2 bucket seats for nearly a distance of 60 miles. Each way. Ouch.
Oh yeah…the silver lining…I bought new shoes 🙂 They are open toed, cream/tan geometric pattern with big round silver button on the front. And they look so pretty on me!
PS: Thanks La Vida Loca for asking.
Entry filed under: Random Banter.