I have finally arrived!
The blogosphere has a 2 step initiation process. First are the comments. Someone actually taking some time out to leave their 2 cents on my chaos. The second step is where you are accepted as a blogger, a part of the fraternity. The acceptance comes through a ritual known as “tagging”
I love lucy, thanks for the initiation! So on to my first tag ever!
I am to list 10 of my deepest and darkest secrets or at least 10 things that are not known about me. No No , I will not reveal that I am actually Aishwarya Rai blogging under a pseudo name, but here it goes.
1. Edited: Removing the first one on request of my husband K, who promised to take me out shopping in return for keeping this dirty (pun intended) secret to myself.
2. I have a strange fear that flying birds will come find me and then sit on my head and flap their wings on my face. Even thinking about it gives me the creeps. When I went to Hawaii with K, a photographer offered to sit some colorful parrots on our hands and take photos. Guess who totally freaked out? The photographer thought I was just being a little nervous and decided to “help” me. He ended up chasing me all over the park and never caught up. Which brings me to….
3. I can run really really fast when I feel threatened ( ex: by birds). My speed and agility surprises even me later. Of course, the fact that I have to spend the night massaging my under used muscles is another thing.
4. I have a recurring dream that all my teeth are falling out, one by one. It is so real, I can even taste the blood in my mouth. And very scary. One minute I am smiling, and the next I have 4 teeth in my hand. More than once, I have woken up, felt my teeth and gone back to sleep.
5. During one of my “science experiments” phases when I was a kid, I thought it would be really cool to boil plastic and then mould it into something else. So I took one of my mom’s steel vessels, put broken pieces of plastic in it and put it on the gas stove. Only when some toxic smelling black gas started coming out, it realised that something was going wrong. All the plastic had melted and gotten stuck in the vessel. Nothing was coming out. So I hid the vessel somewhere in the back of the deep shelf. Till today, mom does not know. (Well, now she does…don’t whack me amma.. I will get you another one)
6. I went ahead and jumped off a plane at 13000 feet, but I cannot sit on a roller coaster.
7. I like someone “seeing” my head. As a kid, I would be put through this ritual whenever there was a lice attack. And I found it totally therapeutic. Just like squeezing pimples.
8. I totally judge people who live off their parents’ money even when they start earning. They live beyond their means because they know that daddy will take care of all the credit card bills.
9. I once had a crush on the photo of young Albert Einstein found on the back pages of Halliden and Resnick ( the gianormous ultra nerd book that is supposed to get you into IIT ). I even imagined how it would be to marry Einstein and help him with his experiments, and later get a noble prize myself. Did I tell you I am a closet nerd?
10. When I first met K, his t-shirt had a small hole in it and I pointed it out to him. He was suitably embarrassed. This is not a secret or anything, but one of those incidents I have never been able to forget.
Entry filed under: Random Banter.